Friday, September 23, 2016

"Teach Me..."

Today Rich and I headed up to Morristown for our acupuncture appointments.  We have been doing this for a few months, but Rich has been going for several years.  I have found these sessions interesting and have used them to relax.  Since my cancer diagnosis I have also found my session a wonderful time to meditate and pray.  Regularly I have been asking the Lord to teach me what he would have me to learn and today the sweet whisperings of the spirit prompted me to "write."

I have been intending to write more - my life story, memories, things about my parents and siblings, Rich, the kids, things I would tell my children and grandchildren, my worries, hopes, and dreams...but at the end of nearly every day I crawl into bed and, if I think about it at all, I tell myself I'll write tomorrow.  Sadly, tomorrow never comes.  But today I will write...and I hope to follow the promotings received today and write every day from now on...but knowing my history I feel reluctant to make such a declaration.

Monday I received the first round of doxorubicin.  Things went pretty well but I'm beginning to feel some breakthrough nausea once in a while and I think I'm also beginning to get the dreaded mouth sores that have been on my radar.  I'm trying valiantly to keep up with the soda/salt/water mixture but I think I severely underestimated the time frame that I needed to be vigilant in...I didn't realize that it would be in the latter part of the first week and the second week that would be so crucial.  I guess I'm learning.

Today I also got a sweet surprise in the mail.  The mother of a friend wrote a sweet and tender note to me.  She had learned of my diagnosis through her daughter and felt the prompting to reach out.  How many times have I felt those promptings and just let them pass???  And Joey and Wanda also reached out, as did Derk and Mike.  I'm so fortunate to have such angels surrounding me!  Each of my children, friends, loved ones, ward members, and my sweet husband continue to be such wonderful sources of strength.  I'm truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment