Tuesday, October 31, 2017

The Candy Man

I'm laying upstairs, snuggled into my warm cozy bed...it's Tuesday...Halloween...after chemo on Thursday and Friday.  This has been a rough round and while I feel myself gathering strength...I just don't have it in me to hand out candy to the many trick or treaters that are wending their way to our door.  Enter...the Candy Man!  I hear the children's voices, laughter, squeals, and the endless doorbell...and I LOVE hearing the sound of my sweetheart chat with the children as he doles out candy and waits for the shy ones to proffer their bags of goodies and comments on their costumes and wishes them a happy Halloween!  Where did I find him???  How did I get to be so lucky???  All too many, under the circumstances, would have just turned off the front porch light and let the children pass by...but not Rich.  He loves children.  He loves simple gestures of love and fantasy.  He loves traditions.  He loves me and his children and his grandchildren.  His goodness is found in so many small acts of kindness and I'm so grateful for him!  I love you, Richard Philip Bainbridge!πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

No comments:

Post a Comment