Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Turning the Corner

Chemo, yondelis to be exact, has royally kicked my behind.  I was thinking that this would be an easy routine since the 24 hr drip really was easy...but by evening of Friday I was in misery.  Saturday was total misery...between the vomiting, the pain, and the nausea I was pretty certain I wasn't going to make it through to Sunday or even Monday.  However, as this afternoon has worn on, the nausea is largely gone, as is the pain, and even the vomiting.  I've slept so much that my back hurts.  I took a shower and that really did refresh.

Rich and I had a great opportunity to chat with Joey for his birthday, this evening.  I feel awful, knowing that I have yet to get to a post office to mail him anything.  I hope he's not let down...and my guess is that he understands...but I feel so discouraged and frustrated that I didn't get this taken care of before all this.  I will be trying harder next year.  Perhaps the thing that haunts me most is that I'm still here...you'd think I'd at least get him a card while I'm here...it's the least I can do!  What if I'm not here next year?....


No comments:

Post a Comment